Business Finance Junior Consultant
- Corporate Finance
Your role as a Business Finance Junior Consultant
Are you always busy thinking about how to improve things around you? Are you energized by crafting solutions, telling the story behind the numbers, helping managers understand the profit drivers of their business and being part of the next big digital opportunity? Do you thrive in high performance cultures, are you able to manage change and ambiguity, and willing to spend every day uncovering something new? If so, and if you are an aspiring Finance professional on the verge of graduation with interest in technology and data science, we want you to be part of our team!
As a Business Finance Junior Consultant, you are part of the CFO Services practice, a multidisciplinary team dedicated to projects within the profit and non-profit sectors. You are introduced to the latest and greatest digital opportunities, building the Dashboards of the Future, using costing tools, scenario-based business case development and data analytics based on the enterprise value map. Moreover, you are at the core of financial analysis, ultimately helping CFOs to provide the cost and performance information for enabling top-line business decisions.
A short overview of type of activities we perform:
- Analyzing the cost, profit, efficiency and growth drivers of organizations
- Designing and improving dashboards for integrated Performance management
- Analyzing current financial performance and designing dashboard to monitor profitability, costs and value drivers
- Designing cost allocation systems that show current profitability and stimulate improvements in efficiency and effectiveness
- Building tools to predict future financial performance given a set of realistic assumptions and different scenarios, both for business cases and for a company or non-profit organization as a whole
- Helping improve the finance & risk data availability in organizations
- Helping the Finance function to develop Business Partnering as a cultural trait, supported through a smart data infrastructure and a smart reporting infrastructure
If we caught your interest, we would love to meet you! You need to meet the following requirements:
- You have between 0 – 2 years of professional work experience
- You have a university MSc degree in finance, business administration, data science, mathematics, economics, innovation or similar
- You are self-motivated, ambitious, curious and able to take initiative and ownership
- You are pragmatic, result-oriented, creative in finding solutions and have strong analytical skills
- You have a common understanding of digital Finance, business models and affinity with data analytics
- You are a great communicator, pleasant to work with, high on soft skills
- Next to your study you spent time on extracurricular activities and actively participated in your student association, board, commission(s), volunteering programs or sports associations
- You see working in an international team as an interesting challenge and enjoy working in a diverse environment
- Fluency in English; knowledge of a second language is considered preferable
From day 1, we expect you to be eager to develop and grow within your role and take on additional activities and responsibilities as they present themselves, both at the client site and internal knowledge development.
This role is a fit for you if you are passionate about contributing your knowledge and experience to improve the cost information and dashboards managers use for strategic decision making. You will add value to the client by combining your unique knowledge with Deloitte’s methods in each phase of a project: from determining a strategy until implementation. Are you interested in making an impact that matters?
Your career and working conditions
Deloitte Consulting is the largest consultancy firm in the world, advising the biggest players in the market about their strategy and operations, able to leverage a globally extensive network of professionals. At CFO Services, we strive to be at the forefront of the digitalization era by adding value to our clients at the operational, business partnering and strategic levels of Finance.
You will work with ambitious, highly educated colleagues, often in multidisciplinary and international teams. Our culture is open and friendly, offering room for deploying your own initiatives. The working conditions fit your ambitions and needs, such as a lease arrangement, a laptop, an iPhone and excellent pension scheme. We support you where possible with a balanced learning program, personalized competency model and continuous feedback.