Junior Risk Manager
- Flow Traders
- Risk Management
- Required language
In this exciting role, a Junior Risk Manager will gain intimate knowledge of our core business by partnering with key business units in Trading and Technology. The first 6 months will be spent as a traineeship where you will get an in-depth understanding of the different parts of the company and gradually you will take on more responsibilities and be given the opportunity to contribute directly to safeguard organizational and business continuity within our risk management framework. In this capacity, you are part of Flow Traders’ Risk and Mid-Office team, reporting directly to the Local Head of Risk and Middle Office.
- Master’s degree in Econometrics, Finance, or a more technical/quantitative background
- 0 to 2 years of work or internship experience
- Basic knowledge of financial products and markets
- Affinity with Trading;
- Affinity with Excel
- Ability to work independently and responsibly, though within company policies and guiding principles;
- Excellent English communication skills both spoken and written;
- A proactive and flexible personality;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations quickly without being affected by (time) pressure.
- Personality that thrives in a fast paced environment and fits in the company culture
- Proactive, eager approach to learning new information and processes quickly
- Knowledge on programming languages is a pre (VBA, C#, etc.)
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Suggest improvements to current processes:
- Execute where possible
- Define more complex projects for our Development Team and provide feedback
- Provide performance measurements to create challenges
- Managing limits;
- Assessment of limits
- Management of our risk system (in addition to limits, positions, users and accounts)
- Communication with prime brokers;
- Testing in-house built software;
- Developing new Risk Management tools (in cooperation with Global Risk and Development)
Flow Traders offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments with an excellent compensation package. We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with the best working environment, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
Flow Traders grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners.
Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.